Chirped by Tina and Cass
Just thought we’d share some highlights from our month – things we’re happy about and/or would recommend!
- Two Flew Over the Empty Nest blog finally launched! (After twittering and planning for over a year…)
- Both our book clubs discussed the novel Love and Other Consolation Prizes, by Jamie Ford. Great read, good discussion, based loosely on the historical fact that an orphaned baby boy was raffled off at the 1909 Seattle World’s Fair.
- Crazy February weather! One week enjoyed 70F degree temperatures, followed by a snowstorm a couple of days later?
- Cass hosted her first Vision Board Party, and now has folks that missed it signing up for next year’s event! Hosting a Vision Board Party
- Enjoyed a new recipe: pretty easy as long as you plan ahead to bake the squash, and reasonably healthy? Certainly yummy! Twice-Baked Spaghetti Squash Mac & Cheese! We found it on CompletelyDelicious.com right here!
- Group craft sessions for an upcoming local Yarn Bomb – Crafting heaven! We’re wrapping a tree in pom-poms and garlands! More on the Yarn Bomb in an upcoming chirp!
- Attended a local playhouse showing of Sex with Strangers! The playwright, Laura Eason also wrote for the Netflix series House of Cards and it is terrific! If your local theater ever offers it, check it out and support the arts!
- Had a fantastic dinner at a pricey new (to us) restaurant in Philadelphia called Serpico. Courses are encouraged to be shared family-style, so we got to try lots of everything, and the menu was super creative!
- The rainy days of February left us indoors taking pictures of our pups, which, frankly, would brighten anyone’s day!
- WordPress Live Chat help sessions ROCKED!! We couldn’t have done this blog without them!